Ingredients for the Cashew Cheese Sauce:
1 Cup Raw Cashes
3/4 cup Vegetable Stock
1 tsp crushed garlic
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin
For the Peppers:
6 Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, and Green) Topped and Cored
Olive Oil for drizzling
For the Black Bean/ Corn Rice Filling
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion (chopped)
1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
1 tsp Cumin
1 can Black Beans (drained)
1 can Whole kernel Corn (drained)
3 cups of brown or basmati rice
1/4 chopped cilantro
Chop up the tops of the six bell peppers to go into this part of the mixture
Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
1.Add the cashew, vegetable stock, nutritional yeast, crushed garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cumin to blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Prepare the peppers by chopping off tops and coring them. Set aside chopped peppers but chop up the tops to put in black bean/rice mixture.
3.Add the olive oil, crushed garlic, onion, and cumin to frying pan and saute' until onions are soft.
4. Add in black beans, corn, and chopped pepper tops that you have from topping and coring your peppers and saute' them until they are soft but firm.
5. Add in cooked rice and cilantro.
6. Pour cheesy sauce into black bean/rice filling and mix in. Your filling is now ready to go into peppers!
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cored peppers in a baking dish and drizzle them with olive oil.
8. Stuff bell peppers with filling and place them into the oven to bake, uncovered for 35 minutes until brown on top.
9. Serve with salsa on the side, top peppers with vegan shredded cheese, cilantro, and avocado.